With the sheer number of plumbing fixtures in any commercial or domestic setting, it’s almost inevitable that something is going to go wrong at some point.
If you’ve noticed a dripping sound coming from somewhere on your property, or puddles of water near appliances that shouldn’t be there, you might have a water leak.
If you notice a leak or suspect signs of one, you should call a professional plumber to fix it quickly so there is minimal impact on your property and your bills.
For a reliable plumber in Port Macquarie, you can call O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing. We can accurately diagnose leaks with our specialist equipment and get to work on fixing the issue as soon as possible.
How can you tell if you have a leak?
There are various places where a water leak can occur, including showers, taps, external water meter lines, toilets, and hot water tanks.
Some of these leaks will be easier to identify than others, but if you can hear something dripping, then this is an obvious sign of a leak from a plumbing appliance.
Other ways to tell if you have a leak are:
– By checking your water usage frequently. If you notice an increase in usage or your water bills have rocketed and you can’t account for this, then you may have a leak.
– There is a drop in the water pressure when running the water in your bath or shower.
– There is lower water pressure coming out of a tap than there usually is, or no water coming out at all.
– If you have damp patches that have started appearing on ceilings or walls.
– If your hot water system is constantly heating, there may be a leak somewhere in your hot water pipe.
– Water is gathering around appliances.
– You’re noticing unusual sounds around the house such as bubbling, gurgling or running water.
What should you do?
If you suspect a leak, you should arrange to get it fixed by a professional team as soon as you can.
If the leak is causing flooding, you should call an emergency plumber to help you as soon as possible to minimise the damage.
If there is only a bit of water dripping from your tap, for example, you can simply turn your water off until it’s fixed.
While this kind of leak isn’t extremely urgent, you should still arrange for a plumber to fix it sooner rather than later because even small leaks can end up costing you more money over time.
There is also the possibility that the leak may get much worse at any moment so preventing this is ideal.
Contact the experts
Most local plumbers don’t have the necessary equipment to detect leaks quickly and accurately. We have recently acquired cutting-edge leak detection technology that assists us with finding and fixing leaks quickly and more effectively than ever before.
Our team at O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing can help identify any leaks in your home and fix them quickly with our state of the art equipment that we now have on hand.
Please contact us to discuss in more detail our ability to assist you with leak detection or if you are experiencing any of these above issues. We can work to be available to resolve your issue as soon as possible.