It’s time to start saving!
At O’Brien, we are committed to saving you money when it comes to your power.
Start today, save tomorrow!
O’Brien Electrical Check List
- Change over to energy efficient light bulbs.
- Turn your lights down to the low setting, have a dimmer installed, or turn them off all together.
- Install motion detectors in areas like hallways and bathrooms.
- Turn your appliances off at the wall when not in use.
- Install a heated towel rail timer, or when not in use turn the heated towel rail off.
- Ensure all curtains cover the window to minimise heat loss, thermal backed curtains are the best.
- Up to 33% of your heat can be lost through the ceiling, walls and floors – fill any gaps where cables or pipes exit an external wall to help keep the heat in.
- Install a heat pump – they are four times more energy efficient than plug in heaters.
- Use a thermostat and timer on heaters.
- Make sure your dryer is vented to the outside.
- Make sure the seals on your fridges and freezers are good.
- Install an extractor fan in bathrooms and kitchens to tackle dampness.
- Use a ceiling fan to push trapped heat down from the ceiling. This will also help keep you cool in summer.
- Install motion and daylight sensor lights outside your home. It saves power and is good for security.