Your Local Port Macquarie Blocked Drains Specialists
There’s nothing convenient about blocked drains, but they are often an unfortunate fact of life! Thankfully, our team of local plumbers at O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie can help you with quick and easy blocked drain solutions.
No matter where the location of your drain might be, or what’s blocking it, you can rely on us to deal with the problem quickly and professionally. From blocked toilets to tree roots in sewer pipes, we take care of it all.
- Available 24/7
- Workmanship Guaranteed
- Friendly & Professional Service
If you suspect you’ve got a blocked drain in your home or business, get in touch with our experts today. Request a quote online or call us by phone.
Common Signs Blocked Drains
Although you can definitely tell when a drain in your home is completely blocked, there are common signs that your drains have something building up. Keep an eye out for the following signs you’ve got a blocked drain in Port Macquarie.
- Water draining slowly from baths or sinks.
- Strange gurgling noises when a bath or sink empties.
- Uneven draining: the pace of draining may start off slow, then rapidly increase as the blockage temporarily shifts a little.
- Backflow from drains into the house through toilets, sinks or baths.
- Unpleasant smells with no obvious cause.
- If the blockage is outside, particularly if caused by a fractured pipe, there may be odd smells or puddles of wastewater in your garden or yard
What Causes Blocked Drains?
The most common cause of blocked drains our Port Macquarie plumbers see is flushing material that shouldn’t be flushed. For example, despite their name, “flushable wipes” are not designed for toilets drains.
Other common causes of blocked drains include:
- Fat being tipped down the sink. Fat will coagulate in the drainage pipe. Over time, hair, fragments of food and other detritus can become enmeshed in the fat, adding to its volume. Eventually, the fat deposit becomes so large the water is unable to pass.
- Tree roots growing into the pipe as they search for a constant source of water, impeding the flow.
- A pipe crack or fracture that alters the flow rate. If the water flow is slowed for any reason, matter contained in the stream will tend to be deposited. As the deposit builds, the flow slows even more, depositing more, until a complete blockage occurs.
- Objects being flushed down the toilet that shouldn’t be. Nappies or wipes may make it around the U bend, only to stick in the drainage pipe.
Our Blocked Drain Solutions
When it comes to blocked drains, it’s always tempting to try DIY drain clearing. For small blockages a plunger or home remedies like baking soda can work. However, for more serious blocked drains you’ll need professional help.
When you call O’Brien Plumbing & Roofing Port Macquarie our, we will assess the situation, diagnose the nature and location of the blockage, and recommend the most effective solution.
Our team uses CCTV drain cameras to pinpoint the exact problem as well as everything from plungers, plumber’s snake (a wire drain cleaner), rods, or high-pressure water jetting to clear your drains with minimal fuss.
Once the blockage has been cleared, the next stage in the plumbing process is to complete any remedial work required to prevent the problem from occurring again.
This many require pipe replacement, or may simply take the form of appropriate advice around what can safely be disposed of through the drainage system.
Call Us For Expert Blocked Drain Assistance
If you see signs of a blocked drain in your home, don’t wait until it’s too late. Call us as soon as possible and we’ll clear your drains without a worry. With a team of experienced plumbers available 24/7, we’re always on hand for all your plumbing needs.
Get in touch with us online or call us today.