Lismore Commercial Construction and Maintenance
O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore has a team of highly skilled and professional electricians and plumbers who are available to provide a wide range of electrical services within the Northern Rivers region.
We are your expert local Lismore electricians and plumbers specialising in commercial, industrial and domestic electrical and plumbing services with over 40 years of experience and friendly service.
Our team takes the time to understand your needs and offer practical, resourceful and economical solutions, such as:
- Home Electrical Maintenance
- Commercial Construction Projects
- Industrial Construction Projects
- National Service Maintenance
Construction and Refurbishments
O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore has a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the construction industry.
We are supported by an experienced management team and are widely acknowledged within the construction industry for delivering top-quality Commercial Construction and Maintenance projects.
O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore currently employs 60 friendly and skilled staff members within a vast range of employment fields, generating employment and sustainability within the Northern Rivers region in which they operate.
Our list of Commercial Projects
O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore’s ongoing commitment to our valued clients has given us many opportunities to undertake several large projects and contractual obligations across Commercial Construction & Maintenance projects.
These include civil stormwater, sewer, hydraulic and fire services, along with roofing, solar and gas services.
Although our client list is exhaustive, a few of our more notable contracts and projects are listed below for reference purposes.
- Lismore Base Hospital Stage 3A, 3B & 3B2 & roofing – Worked with John Holland providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services, electrical and roofing.
- Lismore Base Hospital Integrated Cancer Care Centre and Cardiac Laboratory – Worked with National Buildplan, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services.
- Lismore Mental Health Unit, Lismore Base Hospital – The Lismore Mental Health Unit is an extension of the existing Base Hospital, with three x 1-2 storey buildings incorporating administration, research, acute care and ambulatory units including an undercroft car park and plant rooms. We worked with Reed Construction to complete the 600mm civil stormwater, including humiceptor, sewer drainage, trade waste and fire service.
- Bennett Construction – Maclean Hospital Sub Acute Care Unit
- Simulated Learning Environment, Uralba St Lismore – A new clinical training facilities at the University Centre for Rural Health in Lismore enabling medical students to train locally. We completed work with Woollam Construction to supply, install, test and commission the Hydraulic Services.
- Southern Cross University Lismore New Learning Building – We partnered with Hutchinson Builders to provide civil stormwater, sewer, hydraulic and fire services.
- Lismore Memorial Baths – We have installed solar pool heating for the Lismore City Council
- Byron Bay Ambulance Station – We took part in the construction of a new Ambulance Station at Ewingsdale, located adjacent to the proposed site of the Byron Bay Hospital. Laser Plumbing partnered with Ware Construction to provide hydraulic, sewer, stormwater, septic, & rainwater system, as well as roofing to this section.
- Lismore Police Station – The Lismore Police Station Project consists of a new 3 level complex and refurbishment of the existing heritage police station, including holding cells, training facilities and an underground link to the adjacent courthouse. The construction program was undertaken around the fully operating police station in several stages. We worked with Reed Construction to provide civil stormwater, hydraulic, and fire services, as well as roofing.
- Southern Cross University – P Block Extension. We worked with Bennett Construction of Lismore, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire services, as well as roofing. We were awarded the NSW Master Builders Subcontractor of the Year 2010 for this project.
- Wollongbar TAFE – Fire Hydrant Upgrade. We worked for NSW Public Works upgrading the entire campus. This work was complex as a result of the number of fire hydrant services located throughout the campus.
- BER Schools Projects – our team had been involved in many school construction and maintenance projects across the North Coast region working with NSW Public Works, Reed Construction, FE Marsh & Sibtex. We have undertaken roof, gutter & stormwater works, rainwater tanks, toilet blocks, fit-outs, colas and miscellaneous works.
- Wollongbar TAFE – We have worked with Sibtex Pty Ltd undertaking civil stormwater works, roofing, gutter and wall cladding
- Bupa Caulfield – We teamed up with Quadracon and completed bathroom refurbishments
- Bupa New Farm – We partnered with Quadracon to remove existing tiled roofing with Colorbond roofing. We have also undertaken the first stage of bathroom refurbishments and are preparing to undertake the 2nd stage
- Bupa Merrimac and Pottsville – We have worked with Quadracon to undertake the first stage of bathroom refurbishments.
- Ballina RSL LifeCare Ballina ILU’s Stage 1 – We have worked with Woollam Construction to provide water, sewer and roofing services
- St Michael’s Nursing Home – 52-bed Nursing Home. We worked with O’Donnell & Hanlon, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, and fire services as well as roofing.
- Cedars Aged Care at Casino – a 44-bed Nursing Home was constructed in two stages. We worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services as well as roofing.
- Kyogle Court Nursing Home – 8-bed wing and Staff Amenities. We have worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services as well as roofing.
- Yamba Caroona Hostel at Yamba – a 30-bed extension. O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore has completed the 2nd stage of the Caroona Hostel at Yamba together with Bennett Construction. We provided hydraulic, fire and gas services as well as roofing to this section.
- Ballina Ex-Services Club – Redevelopment of the Ballina RSL Aged Care Facility – $14.5 Project. The project was separated into 5 stages over a 2-year program which involves alterations and additions to the existing resident and staff facilities. The facility is to remain fully operational at its 120 bed capacity during construction. We worked with Ware Construction to provide hydraulic, trade waste, stormwater, fire and gas services as well as roofing to this section.
- United Aged Care Facility, Yamba – a 44-bed Nursing Home constructed in two stages. We worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services as well as roofing.
- St Cathages Respite Care – Greg Clark Building in Lismore, to assist with multiple Commercial Construction & Maintenance projects.
- Fromelles Manor – 86 bed (including 25 x Dementia and 1 x respite). Fromelles houses 86 beds, a hydro-therapy pool, a state-of-the-art gymnasium and consulting suites. We completed the project with Hutchinson Builders, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services.
- Aldi Casino – This is a new supermarket which we worked with McNab Construction Australia Pty Ltd to provide civil stormwater, sewer and drainage and hydraulics.
- Roofing – Severe hailstorms in the Lismore & Byron Bay area resulted in damages to the metal roofing across the area. We completed the replacement of roofing to many commercial buildings, such as Parrys Office Supplies dome roof, Lismore Police Station, Wyrallah Road Shopping Centre, DGM Engineering, Kemp Agencies and Lismore Nissan including numerous residential properties.
- Reed Constructions Pty Ltd – This is a partnership between Pump Station and BER projects completing civil stormwater, hydraulics, fire & gas services and roofing
- Maddison Homes/ABD Group – Princeton Rise Development – Solar Hot Water Installation
- Simulated Learning – Involving the Woollam Construction project.
We take pride in providing excellent customer service from the first point of contact through to invoicing. We ensure every customer builds trust in us to complete the job thoroughly – creating a quality experience from our service and workmanship.
We welcome feedback so we can continually improve our performance.
Contact us to learn more or to discuss your Commercial Construction & Maintenance requirements.