Construction & Refurbishments
O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Lismore has a wealth of knowledge and expertise within the construction industry.
We are ably supported by a management team and is widely acknowledged within the construction industry for delivering first-class projects.
O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Lismore currently employs in excess of 30 staff members within a vast range of employment fields, generating employment and sustainability within the wider communities in which they operate.
Sample of Commercial Projects
Our ongoing commitment to our valued clientele has ensured the opportunity to undertake several large projects and contractual obligations. Although our clientele list is exhaustive, a few of the more notable contracts and projects have been listed below for reference purposes.
- Lismore Base Hospital Stage 3A , 3B & 3B2 & roofing – Working with John Holland providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services, electrical and roofing.
- Lismore Base Hospital Integrated Cancer Care Centre and Cardiac Laboratory – Working with National Buildplan, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services.
- Lismore Mental Health Unit, Lismore Base Hospital. The Lismore Mental Health Unit is an extension of the existing Base Hospital, with three x 1-2 storey buildings incorporating administration, research, acute care and ambulatory units as well as an undercroft car park and plant rooms. We worked with Reed Construction to complete the 600mm civil stormwater, including humiceptor, sewer drainage, trade waste and fire service.
- Bennett Construction – Maclean Hospital Sub Acute Care Unit
- Simulated Learning Environment, Uralba St Lismore – A new clinical training facilities at the University Centre for Rural Health in Lismore enabling medical students to train locally. We completed work with Woollam Construction to supply, install, test and commission the Hydraulic Services.
- Southern Cross University Lismore New Learning Building – We worked with Hutchinson Builders to provide civil stormwater, sewer, hydraulic, and fire services.
- Lismore Memorial Baths – We have installed solar pool heating for the Lismore City Council
- Byron Bay Ambulance Station – Construction of a new Ambulance Station at Ewingsdale. Designed to house 5 ambulance and located adjacent to the proposed site of the Byron Bay Hospital. Laser Plumbing is with Ware Construction to provide hydraulic, sewer, stormwater, septic, & rainwater system, as well as roofing to this section.
- Lismore Police Station – The Lismore Police Station Project consists of a new 3 level complex and refurbishment of the existing heritage police station, including holding cells, training facilities and underground link to the adjacent courthouse. The construction program was undertaken around the fully operating police station in several stages. We worked with Reed Construction to provide civil stormwater, hydraulic, and fire services, as well as roofing.
- Southern Cross University – P Block Extension. We worked with Bennett Construction of Lismore, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire services, as well as roofing. We were awarded the NSW Master Builders Subcontractor of the Year 2010 for this project.
- Wollongbar TAFE – Fire Hydrant Upgrade. We worked for NSW Public Works upgrading the entire fire hydrant campus. This work is complex as a result of the number of services throughout the campus.
- BER Schools Projects – various projects across the North Coast region working with NSW Public Works, Reed Construction, FE Marsh & Sibtex. We have undertaken roof, gutter & stormwater works, rainwater tanks, toilet blocks, fit-outs, colas and miscellaneous works.
- Wollongbar TAFE – Workshop. We are worked with Sibtex Pty Ltd undertaking civil stormwater works, roofing, gutter and wall cladding.
- Bupa Caulfield – We worked with Quadracon to undertaken bathroom refurbishments
- Bupa New Farm – We have worked with Quadracon to remove existing tiled roofing with Colorbond roofing. We have also undertaken the first stage of bathroom refurbishments and are preparing to undertake the 2nd stage
- Bupa Merrimac and Pottsville – We have worked with Quadracon to undertake the first stage of bathroom refurbishments.
- Ballina RSL LifeCare Ballina ILU’s Stage 1 – We have worked with Woollam Construction to provide water, sewer and roofing services
- St Michael’s Nursing Home – 52-bed Nursing Home. We worked with O’Donnell & Hanlon, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, and fire services, as well as roofing.
- Cedars Aged Care at Casino – a 44-bed Nursing Home constructed in two stages. We worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services, as well as roofing.
- Kyogle Court Nursing Home – 8-bed wing and Staff Amenities. We have worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services, as well as roofing.
- Yamba Caroona Hostel at Yamba – a 30-bed extension. O’Brien Electrical and Plumbing Lismore has completed the 2nd stage of the Caroona Hostel at Yamba together with Bennett Construction. We provided hydraulic, fire and gas services, as well as roofing to this section.
- Ballina Ex-Services Club – Redevelopment of the Ballina RSL Aged Care Facility – $14.5 Project. The project, separated into 5 stages over a 2-year program, involves alterations and additions to the existing resident and staff facilities. The facility is to remain fully operational at its 120 bed capacity during construction. We worked with Ware Construction to provide hydraulic, trade waste, stormwater, fire and gas services, as well as roofing to this section.
- United Aged Care Facility, Yamba – a 44-bed Nursing Home constructed in two stages. We worked with FE Marsh & Co of Kyogle, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services, as well as roofing.
- St Cathages Respite Care – Greg Clark Building – Lismore
- Fromelles Manor – 86 bed (inc 25 x Dementia and 1 x respite). Fromelles houses 86 beds, a hydro-therapy pool, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, and consulting suites. We completed work with Hutchinson Builders, providing civil stormwater, hydraulic, fire and gas services.
- Aldi Casino – new Supermarket. We worked with McNab Construction Australia Pty Ltd on the supermarket retail complex to provide civil stormwater, sewer and drainage and hydraulics.
- Roofing – Severe hail storms in the Lismore & Byron Bay area resulted in metal roofing across the area being replaced. We undertook the replacement of roofing to many commercial buildings, such as Parrys Office Supplies dome roof, Lismore Police Station, Wyrallah Road Shopping Centre, DGM Engineering, Kemp Agencies and Lismore Nissan, as well as numerous residential properties.
- Reed Constructions Pty Ltd – Pump Station and BER projects – civil stormwater, hydraulics, fire & gas services & roofing
- Maddison Homes/ABD Group – Princeton Rise Development – Solar Hot Water Installation
- Simulated Learning – Woollam Construction