At O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Coopers Plains, we can help you improve the function of your data cabling installations, allowing your teams to work efficiently and faster. We are specialists in designing, installing and maintaining data cabling and security. Whether it’s a large project or one outlet, no job is too big or too small for us.
What is data cabling?
Data cabling is when several devices in an IT network are connected by cables. This cabling comes in multiple categories:
• Fibre optic options
Data cabling is incredibly important in offices, warehouses, commercial and education settings, as well as almost every business as nearly every device – from network servers to photocopiers – would benefit from data cabling.
Copper VS fibre optic cabling
Made with copper, CAT 5E and CAT6 data cables could run at speeds up to 1000 and 10,000 Mbps over 100m. Fibre optic cables, however, can run to 10,000 Mbps over distances of 500m.
Copper cables are, therefore, ideal for shorter distances, whereas fibre optic cables are more suitable over longer distances.
How does your business use data cabling?
Data cables offer many benefits to your business by being used in these ways:
• Increase competitiveness: Modern data cable solutions help businesses become more competitive. The well-known and well-used Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) allows telecommunications to use one data source for internet connections and telephones. Not only does this save space, but also the efficiency of your IT setup.
• Data cabinet relocations: In contrast to traditional IT cabling – which had many different types of data cabling, and, therefore, complicated setups – modern data cabling makes sure that data cabinet relocation can happen quickly and simply.
• Connectivity: Data cables ensure that several devices connect to a central infrastructure, allowing information to move effortlessly from A to B.
There are several factors to consider when installing new network cables:
• Speed: Fibre optics cabling sustains higher speeds across longer distances.
• Spark hazards: In industries like gas and oil, there is an increased chance of spark hazards. If you choose copper data cables, they need to be shielded, but if you have fibre optics, they do not have a spark risk at all.
• Security: Whether it’s attacks or espionage, your data cable needs to be at a secure location, like between buildings.
• Interference: Will there be a lot of electrical noise like there is in power plants or factories? If so, the copper cable needs to be properly shielded.
Our data cabling services
With years of experience under our belt, our expert team at O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Coopers Plains will ensure that your data cabling installation is tailored to your specification.
What can we help you with?
• Design and installation of data cables
• Both multi-site and single-site solutions
• Data and voice projects for your business
• CAT5e, CAT6, CAT6a, and CAT7 specifications
• Routers and switches
• Fibre optic cables
Contact us today
Discuss all your data cabling needs with our friendly and professional team at O’Brien Electrical & Plumbing Coopers Plains by calling us on (07) 3277 7345. Alternatively, you can drop us an email at [email protected].