O’Brien® Glazing Workmanship Guarantee
Our goods and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with goods. If a failure with the goods or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done you are entitled to a refund for the goods and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion. You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage from a failure in the goods or service.
In addition to the above and other rights and remedies available under law, we offer a lifetime warranty on all our glazing workmanship. This warranty is detailed below.
Process for Claim
If you have a claim of any kind, you must contact us as soon as you become aware of it and we will arrange for an inspection or simply organise to fix your damaged glass.
Goods installed by us
Should goods installed by us be found to have a manufacturing defect undetected at the time of installation, they will be replaced – free
Lifetime Workmanship Warranty
In addition to any other rights you may have under law, O’Brien® offers a lifetime warranty for the life of the building on all our glazing workmanship.
- This warranty does not extend to faulty parts used at the request of you or your insurer (eg rollers on doors, shower screens etc) and parts not supplied by us.
- This applies to the workmanship relating to glazing installations and not to other services which will be the subject of a separate guarantee such as film or window tinting services.
- We can’t always match glass exactly.
- Unfortunately, products and suppliers change over time. If the glass we originally replaced is no longer available, we will match the replacement glass to the original panel to the original glass panel as closely as we can.
- Damage not caused by our workmanship (such as accidents or environmental damage) is generally not covered by our workmanship guarantee
How to make a claim
You contact us as soon as you become aware of it, so we can make an inspection and provide us with reasonable evidence of supply by us.
Customers can make a claim by contacting us by: