During this uncertain time, our teams across Australia will continue to be available to service your vehicle glass, glazing, electrical and plumbing needs.
However, we are making a few important changes in the way we serve customers, to help ensure the safety of our team members, customers and the general public. This way, we can still fix your problem while focusing on making the right choices to keep everyone safe.
Please carefully read the below information for everything you need to know.
We’re still here for you
At O’Brien®, we’re trusted around the country by Australians to help – and we believe that should not change during times like this.
This is why we will continue to work hard to service all of our local communities.
However, with the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we want to reassure you that we are taking all precautionary measures to help protect you and to minimise the risk of further spread. Our teams are taking advice from the Australian Government and monitoring the situation daily, all to help ensure that we take the necessary steps to protect you.
Working with O’Brien® during COVID-19
Here are the important updates you should know.
1. What we are doing: increasing hygiene practices
In accordance with the advice provided by the Australian Government, we have implemented new policies and hygiene practices to help protect you, and our staff. Some of these include:
- We are in constant communication with our colleagues, including our technicians and glaziers, to ensure that they are healthy and are following the latest advice from the Australian Government.
- We are following social distancing practices and will maintain a 2-metre distance between customers and colleagues – this includes not shaking hands.
- Our technicians and glaziers will be wearing disposable gloves throughout your appointment and will dispose of them when finished.
- Our technicians and glaziers are wiping down all tools, work areas, and common items like keys, with appropriate cleaning materials whilst completing your job.
- Our technicians are cleaning their hands before, and after, every appointment.
- We’ve increased the cleaning regime in our branches, particularly in commonly used areas and for commonly used tools.
- Hand sanitiser has been provided at all branches for customers to use upon entering and exiting the building.
2. What to expect when making a booking
To keep everyone safe, we will now ask you a series of health-related questions to help manage your appointment. This will include:
- Have you, or anyone in the household tested positive for COVID-19, or are awaiting test results?
- Do you fall into a category where you should be self-isolating for COVID-19? For example, close contact with someone with COVID-19, been told to isolate, recently arrived back in Australia (last 14 days)?
- Do you, or anyone living with you, have any flu-like symptoms, a fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
Depending on your answers provided, we will work with you on the best way forward to support your needs.
After a booking is made, if you start to develop flu-like symptoms such as coughing, sneezing, fever or shortness of breath, please call us immediately on 1800 059 829 so we can help to manage your appointment.
3. What to expect when visiting an O’Brien® branch
As the situation for COVID-19 is evolving, instructions may change so please read the notice on the branch door before entering.
In addition to our increased hygiene protocols, if you’ve booked your vehicle into one of our branches, you may see our team sanitising your vehicle particularly around the door handle and steering wheel of your car – this is just to ensure the safety of everyone.
4. What to expect when an O’Brien® employee comes to your home or business
On arrival, our team will be asking the same health questions asked at the time of your booking, to ensure your circumstances have not changed. Plus they will be following our increased hygiene practices.
When undertaking the work, they will tell you exactly what they will do before they enter your home, business or vehicle and will clean all surfaces they touch with antibacterial wipes before and after your job. This will include any objects handed over during our processes, like car keys or house keys.
What safety precautions have been put in place to protect me and my family?
For the safety of you and our team, we have put in place additional rules and standards that must be complied with. Our technicians and glaziers have been issued a strict COVID-19 Customer Checklist to ensure consistency and care is taken at all times.
This includes hygienic practices such as frequent hand washing, wiping down tools and cleaning all surfaces. They may be wearing a mask and gloves, will remain at a 2-metre distance and will try to avoid all physical touch.
What if I feel a little unwell?
It’s important to answer our health-related questions honestly, when you make a booking, upon arrival at a branch or when our technicians and glaziers visit your home or premise. Unfortunately, due to the nature of the virus, it’s difficult to determine if someone has a normal cold or flu or COVID-19.
Because of this, if you are feeling unwell, sneezing, coughing or feeling short of breath, it’s best to let us know in advance by calling 1800 059 829.
What happens if I become unwell between when I booked in my job and when my job takes place?
If you start to develop symptoms such as coughing, sneezing or fever, please call us immediately on 1800 059 829 so we can help to manage your booking.
If you have a job booked with us you may have received a booking confirmation email and/or SMS and you can change your booking via the link provided.
If you have booked an Electrical or Plumbing appointment, please contact your local Electrical or Plumbing Member.
What happens if I think I’ve been exposed to COVID-19?
If you have a booking with us, please call 1800 059 829 prior to your appointment and we will reschedule your booking to help keep both our staff and you safe.
If you have booked an Electrical or Plumbing appointment please contact your local Electrical or Plumbing Member.
Are you still able to come to my home/business to complete the job?
As long as you haven’t answered yes to any of our health questions we are still able to do so. We’ve stepped up our hygiene practices and added precautionary measures so we can still come to your home/business.
As part of their visit, our team will practice good hygiene, and depending on the circumstances may be wearing gloves and a mask, they will wipe down surfaces that they’ve touched and will be maintaining a 2-metre distance at all times.
Can I pay in cash for my job?
To maintain a safe social distance, as recommended by the Government, we ask that you make a pre-payment over the phone so that no physical exchange of money has to occur. If you can only pay with cash we will be handling all transactions using gloves and practicing social distancing.
Thank you for your understanding and ongoing support.
Please know that we have your best interest in mind during these uncertain times and we are endeavouring to continue to provide the best service that O’Brien® is known for.
We look forward to continuing to work with you on all of your vehicle glass, glazing, electrical and/or plumbing needs.