Touchpoint Sanitisation Service for Vehicle Glass Repairs and Replacement
18 May 2020
Customer care and safety has always been a priority for O’Brien®. During COVID-19, O’Brien® AutoGlass introduced a ‘Touchpoint Sanitisation’ service. This is an extra series of steps added to our existing, high-quality procedures for vehicle glass repairs and replacements, to provide a further layer of hygiene protection for our customers and technicians. Depending on the level of COVID alert in your area during your appointment our technicians and glaziers will follow a COVID checklist that we developed to ensure consistency and care for you and our team’s safety.
What is the touchpoint sanitisation service?
Using a 70% alcohol-based sanitiser, single-use applicator and disposable gloves, your technician may wipe down multiple vehicle touchpoints both before and after the work. For a typical windscreen replacement, this could be over 20 locations on your vehicle.
Where are the touchpoints on my vehicle?
Depending on the make and model of your vehicle and the type of job being carried out, the touchpoints may vary, but could include:
- Side and rear windows
- Exterior door handles
- Boot or bonnet release handle
- Key or remote control
- Steering wheel
- Gear stick
- Interior door handles and window controls
- Seatbelt and buckles
- Wiper, indicator, light and / or other dashboard or steering column controls
- Dashboard, steering column and console
- Rearview mirror
Why is this service being offered?
O’Brien® AutoGlass is committed to providing a clean and safe environment for all customers and technicians, and in addition to the new touchpoint sanitisation service, O’Brien® AutoGlass continues to implement increased hygiene and safety practices including:
- Asking customers a series of health-related questions prior to confirming a booking
- Following social distancing guidelines, including the 2-metre distance between customers and colleagues and not shaking hands
- Cleaning hands before, and after, every job and wearing disposable gloves
- Wiping down all tools, work and common areas, as well as the touchpoint sanitisation locations on your vehicle
- Providing hand sanitiser at all branches for customers to use upon entering and exiting the building
- Ensuring our staff are well, and do not come to work if displaying any cold or flu symptoms
- Offering a contactless payment service to avoid the handling of cash
Why choose O’Brien®?
It is important to us that we do the right thing for our people, customers and society. When it comes to windscreen chip repairs, windscreen replacements or other types of vehicle glass damage, you’re in safe hands with a brand you can trust. Our team is committed to solving customers problems with real care, so when you choose O’Brien®, you can be sure to expect an expert.
To book your car in for a repair or replacement with O’Brien® simply call us on 1800 645 011 and we’ll look after the rest.